Perks of being a mechanic

Last monday morning when i start our car going to work i noticed the unuasual sound, ive heard it before and thought its only the tensioner bearing thats making the noise, since my wife is already late for work we continue to drive going work..

After we pass the subdivision gate i on the voltmeter which i personally custumed installed to the van.

 I felt something that its not right.

After we reached a kilometer i notice the voltage drop in the voltmeter to 12volts and the noise stop, told my wife we better go back if not the car would stop if the battery will be drained..

I felt petty since my wife needs to go to work and needs to ride a bus and shes running late..

After that i opened the hood and loose the serpintine belt by pulling the tensioner pulley..

Check the alternator pulley

Attaching the link of my video why my alternator producing noise 

https://youtu.be/bEcWo3ITIPw

And what i suspected the pulley is lose and i think the bearings are also diss-alligned and moving side ways..

I remove the alternator and go to sofia in aguinaldo highway, go to the alternator and starter surplus, they change the pulley with a surplus pulley, they dont have a new replacement so my option is to install the surplus pulley, for only php1200

im also in a tight budget..

After fixing the alternator i decided to pay also my monthly bill for my loaned Honda scooter so i ride to motortrade bacoor, then go back to the house installed the alternator to the engine, start the car then the noise is gone, turned the voltmeter steady in 14volts... 

now my car is now roadworthy... hehehe

As years in aviation one thing for sure it always tatoed in my mind trust your instinct and observe for usual to unsual daily behavior of your enviroment... 

feel everything appreciate anything if something is not right you would easily know what its cause...

Thats it for my wednesday post! Goodnight guys!


Comments

Popular Posts